Luosh Face Mask Testing Process
SELECT YOUR MASK CAREFULLY - ONLY USE ASTM-RATED MASKS THAT MEET PROVEN FACE MASK TESTING STANDARDS
When safety is your concern, choosing the right mask is more than a matter of preference. You have a lot at stake when selecting proper protection for your application. Know how you plan to use your facial protection and select an ASTM-rated mask that is right for you and offers the best protection.
Luosh American Made Face Masks are rated:
ASTM F2100-11 Level III
ASTM International - Leading The Way
ASTM International sets international standards for healthcare best practices, which includes face mask testing and requirements for performance of materials.
The FDA, who oversees marketing and sales of all surgical masks, recommends that 4 standards of mask performance be met:
- Fluid Resistance
- Differential Pressure (Delta-P)
- Filtration Efficiency
Luosh Face Mask Testing Data
Nelson Labs Study No. 1361719-S01
- Pre-Conditioning: Minimum of 4 hours at 21 ± 5°C and 85 ± 5% relative humidity (RH)
- Test Conditions: 23.8°C and 21% RH
- Test Side: Inside
- Delta P Flow Rate: 8 Liters per minute (L/min)
- Conditioning Parameters: 85 ± 5% relative humidity (RH) and 21 ± 5°C for a minimum of 4 hours
- Test Side: Inside
- Area Tested: 91.5 cm2
- Particle Size: 0.1 μm
- Laboratory Conditions: 21.3°C, 22% relative humidity (RH) at 2128; 21.3°C, 22% RH at 2221
- Average Filtration Efficiency: 99.75%
- Standard Deviation: 0.060
- The challenge delivery was maintained at 1.7 - 3.0 x 103 colony forming units (CFU) with a mean particle size (MPS) of 3.0 ± 0.3 μm.
- Area Tested: ~40 cm2
- BFE Flow Rate: 28.3 Liters per minute (L/min)
- Laboratory Conditions: 85 ± 5% relative humidity (RH) and 21 ± 5°C for a minimum of 4 hours
- Test Article Dimensions: ~175 mm x ~157 mm
- Positive Control Average: 2.7 x 103 CFU
- Negative Monitor Count: <1 CFU
- MPS: 2.9 μm
- Test article ignited, but extinguished. Exceeds standard requirements.
Luosh USA Product Use
This mask is NOT intended or approved for use:
- In settings where significant exposure to liquid, bodily, or other hazardous fluids, may be expected.
- In a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high.
- In the presence of a high intensity heat source or a flammable gas.
Filter media Materials used in this mask are in compliance with general FDA requirements and 21 CFR 177.1520 for Olefin polymers.**
For bacterial and particulate filtration properties see Technical Specifications.